You’ll receive a confirmation email with the details shortly.
RKF100 Single Color
Rangate Knot Filler is one of the most powerful tools available for any wood shop. Imagine all the time you would save with a non-toxic, permanent repair that’s ready to be worked in under 5 minutes, using common tools available in any shop.
We carry 13 different colors in extra-hard or flexible variants to match the specs of your project perfectly. Expand your possibilities with our convenient and versatile Knot Filler Rods.. We carry 12 different colors in extra-hard or flexible variants to match the specs of your project perfectly. Volume pricing is available once you've found the right fit for your work.
No other filler has the combination of benefits Rangate Knot Filler has:
• Speed. Your repair is complete and ready to be cut or sanded in under a minute, instead of hours or days.
• Ease of Use. No mixing or set-up is required, and your filler can be applied with any variable-temperature hot glue gun.
• Right for Any Job. Knot Filler can be used in any application- tough enough to be used both indoors, outdoors, and flexible enough to be used for curved fills and on corners. Some colors are flexible and can be easily cut or turned after being applied. Others are hard, and will stand up to heavy wear and tear in uses like flooring.
• Wide Choice of Colors. Match the tone of your wood for a seamless look, or use a contrasting color to highlight it- the choice is yours. Unleash your creativity and experiment!
• Accepts Finish. Knot Filler can be sanded, painted, stained with no special preparation or hazards.
• Non-Toxic. Unlike other filling options, there’s no need to protect against inhaling toxic fumes or particles when working with Knot Filler.
• 5-Year Warranty. We’re confident our Knot Filler rods will last as long as you need them, if stored and used properly.
Each Knot Filler Single-Color Pack contains 9 same-colored knot filler sticks, each 295mm long, and 12mm in diameter. The Knot Filler Mixed Pack contains 10 sticks of pre-selected colors.
Step 1: Load the polyamide nylon stick into your knot filler gun, and turn it on. Wait for your knot filler gun to heat to the melting point of your chosen Knot Filler color (table below)
Step 2: Use the gun to apply the filler to the wood imperfection. Be sure to apply slightly more at the end of the repair.
Step 3: Use a cooling block to cool down the hot material. Place it on the filled imperfection and let stand for about 10 to 60 seconds, mainly depending on the depth of the repair. Most void takes 10 to 20 seconds.
Step 4: Using a knot filler chisel, remove any excess filler.
Step 5 (optional): Lightly sand the newly-filled imperfection to blend it and achieve a natural-looking repair.
Removing Knot Filler Rods: Once you've inserted a Knot Filler Rod into your gun and begun to use it, we recommend using the rod completely instead of removing it to use a different color. If you need to remove a rod, turn the gun an wait for the gun to reach the melting temperature of the rod before removing it- this minimizes the risk of damage to the heating element.
If you're doing high-volume work with more than 1 color, we recommend having 2 separate guns.
Here is a downloadable instruction sheet. Enjoy wood repairing with matching or vibrant colors!
Colors which can be cut are more flexible, and able to be shaped by hand tools after a repair. These kinds are great for repairs on furniture, cabinet boxes, and other work where the filler needs to be cut or worked post-repair.
Colors which can be sanded can stand up to direct wear and tear. This type is very popular in the flooring industry, where even the pressure and abuse from years of being stepped on won't damage the filler. These colors can be blended with a power sander, but can't be easily cut once dry and hardened.
|Color||Melting Point||Can Be:|
|White||140°C / 285° F||Cut|
|Ash||140°C / 285° F||Cut|
|Pine||140°C / 285° F||Cut|
|Beech||140°C / 285° F||Cut|
|Oak||140°C / 285° F||Cut|
|Semi-Transparent||140°C / 285° F||Cut|
|Black||160°C / 320° F||Cut and Sanded||Walnut||160°C / 320° F||Cut and Sanded|
|Mahogany||160°C / 320° F||Cut and Sanded||Pine Light||160°C / 320° F||Cut and Sanded||Yellow||160°C / 320° F||Cut and Sanded||Wenge||210°C / 410° F||Sanded|